This recipe is a family favorite around here! It’s yummy and cheesy and chock full of veggies.
I’ve done some tinkering with my recipe. My tater tot casserole has been too vegetable-y, too soggy, too dry, and has come out undercooked, especially in the veggie department. But this is the way to do it. I hope your family loves it like mine! It really is…
The Only Tater Tot Casserole Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- One pound of ground beef
- Minced onion
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- One can of cream of mushroom soup
- Two cups frozen mixed veggies
- Frozen tater tots
- Two cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425º
- Season and brown your hamburger with the garlic, onion, and salt and pepper.
- Turn your burner to low. Then add the cream of mushroom soup and the mixed veggies into the pan with the meat.
- Dump in about a fourth-cup of water.
- Mix it all well. Turn the burner off.
- Prepare a 9×13 dish by spraying it with cooking oil.
- Add the meat mixture to the bottom of the dish, and spread it out evenly.
- Arrange your frozen tots so that the meat layer is covered. This is a great job for my “helper” 😉
- Top with two cups of shredded cheddar.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
How do you like your tater tot casserole? I can guarantee you’ll love mine! It even made fantastic leftovers for Tim to take to work tonight! I wish he would have ‘forgotten’ it at home so I would have had some to eat while I didn’t watch the Grammys..
I’d love it if you’d make this recipe and let me know how it goes! You can even snap a pic for instagram and tag it #smithfamilyrenovations! Don’t forget to to follow us at @smith_family_renovations 🙂
You can also follow along on Pinterest and pin this recipe by clicking —-> Tater Tot Casserole Recipe Pin
That’s it for today. Stay tuned to see our choices for basement carpet and paint color(s), and the mood board for our newly named vintage travel trailer!