One of my interests beyond junkin’ and renovatin’ is party planning. I love to throw a cute and coordinated party! I have a pinboard with like a million pins on it about different party themes and decorations and ideas.
Today’s Transformation Tuesday project is a quick craft that I’ve made to label different foods and such at parties I have hosted. Here’s what you need.
- My chalkboard labels I found in the dollar bins up by the registers at Michael’s. You can get more expensive ones back with the wedding stuff, but these are great and cheap
- Those aren’t my real scissors.
- The paper pack I bought at Wal-Mart, but you could buy any paper from anywhere that fits your color palette or theme. They have quite a few at Walmart, but I have also bought single sheets of scrapbook paper from Michaels. I like the Walmart ones because there are different colors and patterns to choose from in the pack that all coordinate. I have used this paper for a lot of other projects like my Springtime Wreath and the Plain to Pretty Clipboards.
- The clear plastic photo stands I also bought at Wal-Mart. You can get a 12 pack for $13.
Once you have your paper picked out, and your frames and labels ready, it’s time to begin!
- Cut the paper to fit your photo frame.
- Add a chalkboard sticker to the frame.
- Slide your paper into the frame.
Yay! So cute and so useful. Maybe labeling pretzels wasn’t the best use, but you get the idea. These are awesome for anytime party guests are at self-serving station like,
- food buffet
- potluck luncheon
- drink cart
or adding their own toppings, like at a DIY
- chili bar
- baked potato bar
- hot dog bar
- smores bar
- caramel apple bar
- nacho bar
- candy bar
- ice cream sundae bar
- popcorn bar
- whatever else you can think of!
The ones in bold are ideas I have used at events I have hosted 🙂
There you have it. I transformed a 99 cent clear plastic photo stand into a cute and useful chalkboard sign. What would you use one of these signs for? Leave me a comment below!
PS- to see my other Transformation Tuesday projects click here!